Sunday, August 23, 2015

Illusion of Lights



Time Lapse Movie

I discovered this brilliant trailer while searching for tips to create a time lapse movie. Planning is the most important part of the whole process. Besides getting the right equipment and picking the right date for shooting (which is part of the planning process). It is also crucial to know the sun rise/sun set, moon rise/moon set time, the difference in sunlight according to the time of the day, and whether the moon is up high during the time of shooting. I experienced an epic fail in Jan 2015. Drove all the way to the top of a snowy mountain in Akagi, Gunma after watching the news that showed that there's a meteor shower for the next couple of days. However, I carelessly forgot to check the lunar calendar and after reaching the top, I can't see a squat because the moon was up there shinning so brightly! Yeah, epic fail!

Unless you want to shoot the moon, otherwise pick a date during the new moon, or just before or after the new moon when the sky is the darkest in the month. Keeping a lunar calendar can come in handy in these situations.

Anyway, I can't wait to pass my motorcycle license and get myself a ride. I'm planning on getting one of these:


Such a solid looking mother f$%ker!

Looking forward to my solo camping trip and shooting session with this hot ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment